Designers solve problems.
First some bad news
Except for you, no one is going to come to your site because of its cool design. People show up for the content and cat videos. Design makes the content easy to find and a pleasure to use, but it’s not what people are after. The web is made of content. Design is what holds all that content in place.
Now some good news
We’re designers, not artists. Design isn’t self-expression. Designers make things that solve problems within a set of constraints. Sure, we get “creative” when we build stuff, but unlike artists, we work to solve real problems, not present our own view of the world.
Are you ready for a change but don’t know where to start?
If your site is okay but you know there’s room for improvement, we can take a comprehensive peek and recommend changes. Sometimes a time-consuming rebuild isn’t necessary, sometimes it is. Either way, you’ll get an unvarnished opinion.
- Best for: Clients who aren’t completely thrilled with their current website, and want a second opinion on how to improve it.
- What we do: We look and suggest, but don’t touch.
- Cost: Starts at $1,000
- Timeframe: 1–2 weeks
Do you need a new website?
Building a brand new website can be a scary process, but we’ve got the skills to help you get it right the first time. Using our Rapid Web Design system, we’ll guide you every step of the way to ensure that your new site is simple, elegant and effective.
- Best for: Clients without a website, or one that’s old or a total mess.
- What we do: We create your layout, navigation, user interfaces, everything. Before we start, you supply the content and branding.
- Cost: Starts at $3,000
- Timeframe: 4–6 weeks
Note: We’re not the best choice or an ecommerce website (see below).
Did you just spend a bundle on a new website, but you’ve got no skilled team to maintain it?
We can manage your website, train your employees, and help you create an Internet strategy that’s a profit center instead of a sinkhole. Seriously.
- Best for: Clients who have a shiny new website built by us.
- What we do: Manage all aspects of your primary website presence. We’re like a long-term, part-time employee. Who doesn’t need benefits and never calls in sick.
- Cost: Starts at $200 per month. Paid quarterly, in advance.
- Term: 6-month minimum
Can you fix our website?
We’d be happy to review it, but we’d rather not work on it. When it comes to websites, it’s hard to know the original designer’s intent, experience, and skill level. For those reasons and more, we rarely work on stuff made by others. We prefer to build websites from scratch — If something breaks, we know how to fix it.
Do you build ecommerce websites?
Not so much anymore. If you’ve got less than 100 items to sell, there are a few terrific hosted solutions that handle everything from security, to tax tables, to credit card processing and live shipping quotes. We usually recommend Shopify for small to medium online stores.
If you’ve got hundreds (or even thousands) of items, and you ship internationally, you’ll probably need something more robust and scalable. Projects of that size are beyond our scope, but we’d be happy to point you in the right direction.